We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

AD Group assignment

JasBel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi, I need to assign an AD group to users as per the value of a customproperty in user's profile.

I know this can be achieved easily with a technical rule but there is a combination of over 40 different AD groups available and I feel that it would create lot of technical rules.  

Is there a way to do this more efficiently somewhere else in Saviynt?

Any insight would be appreciated.
Thank you 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @JasBel.

You have two options: either utilize technical rules for automation or handle it manually by submitting a request on the ARS page.

Thanks,

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

JasBel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thank you for the answer. 

Is there a possibility to create an application and then associate the AD groups based on the access needed.  At the end this is for giving access to Sharepoint based on the permissions of AD groups.  When the user is added to this group he can then access the sharepoint document library with the access given.

Let me know if this make sense?
Thank you again.

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @JasBel,

Importing the same data into multiple applications can be cumbersome and time-consuming, resulting in additional overhead for you due to the need for multiple connections. However, you can simplify the process by creating a group and conveniently submitting a request for it through the ARS page.

For Ref:- https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/ADSI-v23x/page/Content/Managing-Active-Directory-Groups.htm 

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @JasBel 

Have you explored the option of creating enterprise roles for the 40 entitlements. Because enterprise roles can be assigned dynamically using the technical rules. This way you can assign the role which will in turn assign the entitlement to the user based on the user's custom property. 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.